Google Mail Alias Address – how do I send from the alias address??

Home Forums Tame and Train Your Email Google Mail Alias Address – how do I send from the alias address??

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Charmaine Hattrill
      Participant

The alias is set up and working nicely for incoming emails, but how do we ‘send’ an email from this new email address?  Thanks, Charmaine

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Hi Charmaine,

Good question 😉 once you’ve set up an alias for your email (an alias for those who want to know is like an alternative email that goes to the same place), then you can set it to send following these steps:

1. Mail settings cogInside your inbox click the Settings cog top right of your gmail inbox.
      2. Click Accounts and Import, in there you will see the option to ‘Send mail as’ which allows you to use alternate email addresses to send from.

You’ll notice on mine I have a number of them as examples – my main email, Angela’s (my wife’s email), my personal gmail account and also one of my wonderful clients Waitaha.

Note at the bottom you can specify a specific email to send as, OR you can do what I prefer to do, which is to use the same email to which the original message was sent.

How to enable 'Send mail as' in Gmail

…handy! Let me know if this makes sense.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Rob Clarke.
      Charmaine Hattrill
      Participant

Hey Rob

Yee Har !! It looks like Sarndra can now send emails from [email protected]. She was just wondering if the name has to say ‘Sarndra Preston’ or can that be changed to ‘Arahina’. I’m thinking no because the arahina email address is just an alias of Sarndra so if we change her name her own email name will change also. Is this correct?

Your thoughts??

Thanks again,
      Charmaine

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Hi Charmaine,

Yes, you are correct in thinking that. You’d have to change the name of Sarndra’s account… this is a judgement call as to whether you’d prefer the front office contact to be a person, rather than Arahina Office for example.

I think it makes it more personal… but you’ll have to decide what works best for your context.

Make sense?

Rob

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

How to change the sender nameHey Charmaine,

Another option… if you need the reply-from name to be different (ie. Arahina Office rather than Sarndra), then you simply click on ‘edit info’ to the right and you can specify an alternate name without having to change the user name for Sarndra.

I believe this will do what you are after.

Rob

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar