Introduction: David Clarkson

Home Forums General Discussion Introduction: David Clarkson

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m the owner of Dynamic Communication, a training firm that focuses primarily on building communication skills especially in the public speaking/presentation skills area. It also offers some training in the area of ‘soft’ business skills.

I was a chartered accountant for over 30 years, with a B Com from Canterbury University. My business experience includes marketing, retailing, manufacturing, importing and exporting.

For my various sins I also served as a Territorial infantry officer in the NZ Army.  I retired after 15 years as a Major having received the Efficency Decoration for that service.  I credit the Army with showing me just how much I could fit into 24 hours.
      I gained the Distinquished Toastmaster award and have been public speaking over 20 years.

I have achieved numerous placings in Toastmaster’s speech competitions. In National Finals I have twice been the Gold Medalist and NZ Champion Impromptu Speaker – and I have also been the Silver Medalist in the Prepared Speech, Impromptu Speech and Speech Evaluation competitions.
      I am an Accredited Speaking Member of the National Speakers Association of NZ, a past member of its National Executive and a past President of its Christchurch Chapter.

I am a professional public speaker having presented keynotes, seminars, facilitated forums, workshops, after dinner speeches and acted as an MC – primarily, but not exclusively in the corporate arena.
      I am married to Margaret, and we are skiers, scuba divers, travellers, avid readers and transcendental meditators.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Rob Clarke.
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Welcome David to this community!

It’s great to have you onboard. I’m keen to see how your expertise can add value to the team, plus also how the shared learning we’ll undertake can be of benefit to you.

Rob

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar