Introduction — Linda Hutt

Home Forums General Discussion Introduction — Linda Hutt

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Linda Hutt
      Participant

Kia ora tatou

I am deputy principal at Westland High School, and I have joined this so I can get a few skills using Google, and in particular to help me get and keep important files organised. I find I never know with a google doc where I have put it, and that I have things I have opened from emails in important places, and things I want to reuse appear to vanish into some back cupboard of the internet!

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Welcome Linda,

We are delighted to have you join us. The issues that are puzzling you are quite normal and challenge most people when they start out using the ‘cloud’. I have an upcoming course which will overcome this.

In the meantime, here are some pointers to help get you started:

1. File management strategies – a longer video inside a forum post, this deals with file/folder naming protocols which will of use to you.
      2. How to manage bookmarks using Chrome – may be useful to you for important documents if you want to bookmark them, so you can easily find them later.

You’ve reminded me that we need a couple of video tutorials about search inside Drive. This is an important topic.

I look forward to helping you,

Rob

Judy Sumby
      Participant

So glad I am not the only one to struggle with this Linda> I am even worse with paper though!

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

You should see ME with paper – it’s quite scary LOL 😉

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar