Novopay – Tracking current/In progress/Completed jobs

Home Forums General Discussion Novopay – Tracking current/In progress/Completed jobs

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Karen Gordon
      Participant

Hi Everyone!

I am the new Office Manager in a primary school in Invercargill, I come from an administrative background, however I am struggling with the transition from Outlook/Word/Excel etc to the Online services (Google Drive).

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep a track of Novopay work? As in keeping up to date with forms that have been sent, for who, ticket numbers, status and from there how you keep a file and/or record of these?

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dae-Maree Haitana

Vicki Harrington
      Participant

Hi Dae-Maree,

Congratulations on your new role at your school.

The way I keep a track of the Novopay forms and ticket numbers is by setting up in my gmail a label for each staff member under an HR tab.  I name the label HR/Staff name and MOE number.   Then when a ticket number comes back from Novopay, I label it with the staff members HR label and also a ‘Followup’ label.   Then once the ticket number has been closed, I remove my followup label, and replace it with a label named ‘complete’.  Then I archive it into my email labels under that HR/Staff member.  This way they are easy to track.  I keep all my ‘followup’ emails at the top of my emails – so I can easily monitor them.

If I am sending a form off, (which hopefully we will be doing less and less – as Ed Payroll get rid of having to submit forms), I keep it on my desktop until it is completed and then I file it in that staff members personnel file that I have for them in a folder on my desktop.

This is just one way of doing things, but it seems to work for me.  Filing the Novopay tickets in this system eradicates the need to print them out.

Enjoy!  🙂

Vicki Harrington

Elmwood Normal School CHCH

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Welcome Dae-Maree,

(and thanks @officeelmwood-school-nz for jumping in – brownie points for you Vicki!)

I think this is a good approach, especially given that the way things are dealt with involves email.

Our two short email courses will help you get your head around using labels in Gmail.

Rob

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar