How to avoid getting locked out of your Google system

Home Forums Getting Started with G Suite How to avoid getting locked out of your Google system

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

“ARRRRRGGGHHHH! I’m locked out of my G Suite system!”

This is kind of like what goes through your head when you’ve got work to do and you are locked out of your system – I’ve been there and I ‘feel your pain’!I changed all my passwords to 'incorrect'

If you have you ever forgotten your password to log in, you will have no doubt experienced this. It is annoying and painful, especially if you are not at work and need to do some work!

This post will show you how to set up something called ‘password recovery’ by putting in an alternate email address that you can use to recover and reset your Google password.

If your domain administrator has enabled non-admin user password recovery from the Admin console, then you may have decreased your help desk tickets by giving users an automated way to reset their password. Starting October 25, 2016, non-admin user password recovery include email addresses, an extension to our phone numbers launch from last year.

Getting Started

1. Google Recovery OptionsNon-admin user password recovery launched over a year ago as default OFF for new G Suite domains, and you can enable the feature by Organizational Unit from the Admin console under Security settings.
      2. If you’ve already enabled the feature, then users will be prompted to add a secondary email address.

Security Best Practices

If you’ve enabled this feature for your domain, we’d like to remind you of the following resources for administrators:
      Employee departure security best practices
      Set password strength and user password recovery

Note: For G Suite for Education domains that are Primary/Secondary institutions, only administrators will be shown             the prompt for email address and phone number.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by [email protected].
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Rob Clarke.
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar