Sending a Google Form to parents

Home Forums Sending a Google Form to parents

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rhonda Hamilton-Cross
      Participant

Hi Rob

I designed this google form and sent out to parents to fill out. Initially, I only made it available to Windwhistle School users so got a few “can’t do” replies.

I then realized I had ticked the box per above comment and resent the link. Someone has obviously altered the form in some way and has now taken away a lot of the options!

Arghhh can you please tell me how I fix this issue! Here is the form…

Rhonda

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Annoyed minionHi Rhonda,

Ohh no, that is a pain! I’m sorry this happened, but glad the parent who edited the form didn’t mess the entire thing up!

Superman minionThe solution is in how you’ve shared the Form in the first place – you’ve shared it with parents as collaborators and effectively made the Form editable; whereas you really only want them to fill it in – make sense?

The video inside Google Sheets & Forms for the Office > Gathering Data > Introduction to Forms > Step 13 ‘How to send the Form to others’ will show you how to do this.

Unfortunately, you can’t undo what the parent over-wrote as there isn’t currently a Version History inside a Form – but at least the parent didn’t muck the entire form up in this case!

This Form would be a good one to share with others, as all schools have to do the Health Consultation Survey.

Rob

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar