Sharing A Calendar outside the organisation

Home Forums Using Calendars Effectively Sharing A Calendar outside the organisation

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Chelsea Anderson
      Participant

I am trying to share my calendars with my wife so she can keep tabs on my movements ๐Ÿ™‚

As you can see from the attached jpg she is only able to see my events as “busy” whereas I’d like her to see whatever is in my calendar. It looks like it is an administrator control that has been put on it as I can’t select any other option for her.

Emma Riddell
      Participant

Kia ora Danny,

I would carefully consider the implications of sharing your calendar outside of your domain and check your school’s policies/obtain permissions before doing this. As to the questions about sharing rights – you are right it is a setting in the Google Admin console and can only be changed by your schools Admin.

I know this doesn’t help your immediate problem, but like I said check out your policies first as you don’t want to inadvertently share something that could potentially be sensitive and damaging in nature and come back to bite you😱, however innocent your intentions.

Ngฤ mihi maioha

Anne Cato
      Participant

As the google administrator I can change the settings in the admin console – by going to

Apps
      G Suite
      Settings for Calendar
      Sharing settings

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Hi Danny,

Thanks Emma and Anne for contributing ๐Ÿ˜‰

The place in your admin console to go is here… ย ย then click on Sharing settings.

Chelsea Anderson
      Participant

Thanks Emma and Anne appreciate your help and suggestions ๐Ÿ™‚

Anne, hope you are well. Tell our mutual friend at your school to reply to his emails I am still waiting for a reply from him ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar