Sharing documents with students

Home Forums Hapara Suite Sharing documents with students

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sam Pelham
      Participant

Hi Rob,

I want to share this doc via Hapara with our Hub. When I do this the comments I’ve added don’t share with the children. Is there a way I can share this so the children can see the comments and add to the doc?

Our Big Backyard – Helping Agencies 

Smart share with comments

Kind regards,

Sam

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Sam Pelham.
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Hi Sam,

Hapara smart shareGood question. If you share the document as a read-only document, so that all students are shared into one document, then what you are asking will work.

If you are sharing and creating an individual copy for each student, then the comments won’t come through, unfortunately. I’ve been hassling Hapara about this as it really makes sense to include this as a feature.

Here are two options:

1. An alternative solution might be to create an exemplar document, make it viewable/comment-able to anyone who has the link, then place the link to this in the footer or at the top of the copied document.
      2. If the teacher would like to all the class to see the comment, he/she can go to the document and share with the class mailbox directly but that means all students are able to access one document instead of each student having their own copied version – so you can use the email feature as a group.

Either way, the students at least have a place to go for instructions should they need them.

Let me know if this helps,

Rob

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Rob Clarke.
      • This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Rob Clarke. Reason: Put in another option to the solution
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar