Using a video slider in the Divi theme

Home Forums Website Management Using a video slider in the Divi theme

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Hi Claire,

I think the method of collating still images into a video could have some great advantages:

• it gives you a wonderful archive of the build as it unfolds
      • it uses youtube which will help build the digital footprint of the school as it grows
      • keeps skills up and you could jazz the videos up with titles and voiceover narration, etc.

Divi, the theme we have used for your site, has a video slider module, this could be a great way to display these videos as they are uploaded. Here is a short silent movie showing you where to go to update the slider which I’ve started with you:

All you need to do is:

1. Duplicate or edit an existing slide in the slider module by clicking either the 3 horizontal bars or the duplicate icon at the left.
      2. Edit the video URL – make sure you take out the &featured… parts.
      3. Update the title of the admin part of the slide (this makes it easy to find and adjust later for others.
      4. Save and then update the page

It should take about 2mins to update if you do this – the only hassle is creating the video… but that also opens up other possibilities with the video.

I suggest you upload that video to your youtube channel in your work account, rather an your gmail.com one. Plus one happy, I suggest this should be underneath the About section in the menu area.

Rob

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar