Can I use Google Forms for parents to purchase tickets to the school production?

Home Forums Google Sheets & Forms Can I use Google Forms for parents to purchase tickets to the school production?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anne Cato
      Participant

Wondering about using Google Forms for parents to order their tickets for School Production. If we had a limited number of tickets available for each show can I limit sales when tickets for a particular show are sold out? If so, how do I do that? Would get parents to pay online and use a specified code and their surname to handle payment side of things. Trying to think how to limit impact on school office workload. Your thoughts??

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Hi Anne,

Yes this is relatively straightforward depending on your use-case. For example, I’ve set up an RSVP system for two different CoLs where teachers (in some cases up to 300 of them) signed up for a series of workshops spread over a few days. Each workshop had different venues and number limitations.

In this instance, I suspect it is much easier than that!

1. The first step is to go into the Resources area and click on ‘Useful Add-ons‘.
      2. Then in the filter for ‘Application’ on the left, select ‘Forms’.
      3. Then check out the Add-on ‘Form Limiter’.Form Ranger

In your case, one question is whether this Add-on will allow you to limit registrations over multiple nights. I’m not sure it will… so…

1. Follow steps 1 and 2 above, and this time install the Add-on ‘Form Ranger‘.
      2. Check out this great tutorial from a friend and colleague of mine:

If you want help with the spreadsheet formulas, ping me on this post and I can help step you through it. Just make sure you share the Forms/Sheets with me if you want me to jump onto them with you.

Rob

Anne Cato
      Participant

Thanks for your help with this Rob.

Anne Cato
      Participant

This is my first attempt at an online ticket ordering form. Suspect the way I have worded it will be difficult using the form limiter. Maybe I just put a short closing date for people ordering this way??

Link to Google Form…

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Hi Anne,

Because you have multiple days in which people can sign up, I think you will need to use Form Ranger and a series of formulas in the Spreadsheet.

Remaining tickets...I’ve made a new tab in the spreadsheet for this for you. Some notes:

1. You need a formula to count the performance as it is submitted to the form. This is a COUNTIF formula 😉
      2. Once that is done, you can figure out the remaining seats for each performance.
      3. Then, FormRanger can pull this data through to the form and present it almost perfectly dynamically.

Check out the video I posted earlier about an RSVP system using FormRanger, and let me know how you go!

Rob

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Rob Clarke. Reason: Added URL to tutorial for countif
      Anne Cato
      Participant

Great. Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Once you have your formulas set up in the spreadsheet, let me know by going File – Email collaborators, so I can go in and have a looksie 😉

Thanks for the feedback Anne,

Rob

Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Google Sheets & Forms 1 courseI meant to say, this tutorial in the Google Sheets & Forms 1 course deals with the COUNTIF formula…

A very useful one that one!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar