Community Update – June 2018

Home Forums General Discussion Community Update – June 2018

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Kia ora!

Did you know that Isabella, my 11-year-old, has now go an Apple Watch? See below… 😉

At this time of term and with winter settling in it is time to focus on looking after our health and wellbeing. Indeed this is a natural part of the school year when teachers will be tired from the demands of reporting and at the halfway point everyone needs a break!

I hope you get a break. We are off to Methven for a holiday and I’ll try not to break myself on the snowboard 😉

Since the last community update, where I signaled a few changes to our company, the centrally-funded PLD has really taken off so I’ve been busy. Plus I’m now a Gallup-certified Strengths Coach which I am using with a number of leadership teams across the country to great effect.

Isabella Apple Watch

Welcome new members

A huge welcome to Margaret who teaches at Tasman Bay Christian School, as well as David the principal of Fernside in North Canterbury, Nicola who is the DP at St Joseph’s in Nelson, and Phill from RevIT in Christchurch.

Improvements to the website

We have simplified the site navigation as the content grows and to allow for future improvements, as follows:

1. Improved navigation – this is to make the navigation easier and quicker to read:
        1. Discussions (formerly discussion forums)
        2. Resources (formerly resource library)
        3. Programmes (formerly My Programmes)
        4. Connect (formerly members)
      2. Minor typographical changes to our Privacy Policy

Members’ Hangout – diary next Wednesday @ 3.30pm to learn about Managing Notifications in the Digital World

We have scheduled our second member hangout to take place after school so more members can take part. Topics include:

• Google Document notifications
      • Email notifications
      • Calendar notifications
      • Phones, Facebook and other social tools

Given this is possibly quite a lengthy topic, we may not get through all of these items, plus we may consider breaking it into stages.

Please join us on Wednesday 4th July @ 3.30pm. If you would like to be a guest or discuss your needs around this important topic please reply to this forum post and I’ll invite you to the calendar event.

Our first members’ hangout was focussed on Team Drives and Setting up Email Filters. Click here to catch up on the broadcast and access a range of FREE resources to take advantage of!

Remember you can search for items in the forums and it will look through everyone’s discussions.

New templates:

Recruitment Google Form – this has been on my list for a while and streamlines your employment processes. I hope you find it useful!

Rob and the team

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar