You can restrict who can edit individual tabs within your Google Sheet.
For example, you might have a tab with business data in (e.g. annual department goals) that you don’t want anyone to change (accidentally or intentionally).
- To protect a tab, right-click the label at the bottom and choose ‘Protect sheet‘ or access it through the menu: Data > Protect sheet
- This opens a popup in the right pane, where you can ‘Set permissions‘ for your chosen sheet.
- Click ‘Set permissions’ and then select the individuals you want to be able to edit the sheet.
- If more than one person is shared into this Google Sheet, choose multiple people if you wish.
- Protected sheets are marked with a small padlock symbol. Others will still be able to see this sheet, just not edit it.