Community Update – Jan/Feb 2017

Home Forums General Discussion Community Update – Jan/Feb 2017

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Dear all,

Welcome to 2017! I hope you’ve had a wonderful rest over the holidays and managed to get lots of time with friends and loved ones. We spent a week at Leithfield Beach (30mins north of Christchurch) camping and another week at Kaiteriteri at the bottom of the amazing Abel Tasman national park. We had heaps of quality family time with a good ‘digital detox’ which enabled me to rest and recharge ready for an exciting year ahead.

Can you guess where we are in this photo? Hint: a walkway near Anchorage!

Can you guess where we are in this photo? Hint: a walkway near Anchorage!

On a professional level, I became a Google for Education Certified Trainer in January. This is a qualification that I’d put on the ‘back burner’ while the business started up. In addition to this, Learning Architects has also become a reseller for Hapara Dashboard, which is a powerful suite of tools to enable teachers to manage the Google (or Microsoft) environment for students. Exciting times!

As we start the new year I’m sure you are feeling like you’ve ‘hit the ground running’ which basically means ‘normal’ I guess! This update has a few reminders and a couple of handy tricks to save you time as you begin the year.

Welcome New Members

We welcome a few new members since the end of last year: Vicki from Elmwood School in Christchurch joins us, as does Liz, James and Andrew from van Asch Deaf Education Centre, and Sandy and Jude from Thorrington School. We also welcome Chris and Wendy from Arrowtown – welcome to the community!

Member Reminders:

1. Please remember to update your Profile.
      2. Please introduce yourself in the General Forum.

New in the forums:

In the forums I’ve posted the following handy tips and tricks to save you time:

1. A tutorial for how to take screen shots from your computer and get these into the forum posts to get help when you need it.
      2. How to quickly crop a sheet inside your Google Sheets – this is a massive time saver!
      3. How to schedule emails – this is a life saving tip that I use on a weekly basis. For now this forum is open to you all, in future it may only be available once members have introduced themselves and completed their profiles.
      4. How to use a Google Form for goal setting – this is a tutorial I’m about to release publicly which I thought I’d share with you first.

From now on you can expect handy tips and tricks each week inside the forums, as well as shortly a series of emails designed to help you learn to get the most out of the community.

Enjoy the start to the school year,
      Rob

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Rob Clarke.
      • This topic was modified 7 years ago by Rob Clarke.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar