Community Update – May/June 2017

Home Forums General Discussion Community Update – May/June 2017

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Kia ora everyone,

We hope you are having a great term 2 and are managing to stay warm as winter kicks in. May and June is proving really busy for me as I’ve been in a different city each week.

It has been nice to visit some of you – particularly Dayna at Mangere Central, Britt and Bronwyn at Grey Lynn, Vicki at Elmwood and Lynne at Waitaha recently. Next week I’ll be dropping in to see Ann at Waipahihi in Taupo!

Welcome to a number of new members from Timaru, Christchurch, Banks Peninsula, Auckland and the West Coast: Hansa, Raewyn, Lisa, Shelly, Kaylene, Tracey, Frances, Annabel, Jenine, Sheryl, Hilary, Robyn and Sarah!

Reminders:

1. Our members will receive a perpetual 10% discount off any of our face to face workshops!
      2. For those of you who attend the Christchurch CES conference, please come and say hello to me – we have a trade stand there which is a new thing for us. Thanks to Wayne at CES for supporting us to do this.

New Courses:

We’ve got a couple of new courses in the pipeline for you to take advantage of:

1. Organise Your School With A Staff Booklet – this is a short course which accompanies one of our favourite templates for G Suite, the Staff Booklet. This booklet has been one of our most successful templates for schools because it brings a wide range of organisational information into once place, thus making it easier for staff to find key documents. This course is only five modules with 10 videos consisting of just over 30 minutes watching time. If you work through this course and implement this template it will make a huge difference to the organisation of your school.
      2. Tame Your Email – Fundamentalsthis is an introductory short course to help familiarise people with the email interface. It covers such topics as: overview of the various parts of the inbox, sending and replying to mail, conversation view, how to use search, how to use labels. This course consists of only 15 minutes of video and will be followed by two more we are working on now to take enable you to tame and train your email.

New Discussion Forums

In addition to our new courses, we’ve created a couple of new discussion forums for members. These are as follows:

1. Streamline School Organisation with a Staff Portal – this forum is for clients who have purchased our Staff Portal solution. The Staff Portal is a Google Site which is designed to bring all your systems and documents into one, easy to find and use place. We will be creating a course to accompany this special solution. Let me know if you’d like a demo for your organisation.
      2. Tame and Train Your Email – this forum accompanies the course above, as well as the subsequent courses for members.
      3. Using Calendars Effectively – we will be creating a short course about using Google Calendar in the near future so you can take advantage of these powerful tools in your organisation.

New in the forums:

Finally, here are some handy tips that may be useful to you:

1. Want to be notified when a document changes inside Google Drive, or when an individual file has been updated? Read more here…
      2. How to use different border styles in Google Sheets
      3. How to rotate text in a Google Sheet… (this one is a GREAT update!)
      4. How to set up a group email list for parents…

Enjoy the rest of the term,

Rob

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Rob Clarke.
      • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Rob Clarke.
      Rob Clarke
      Keymaster

Dear all,

I’ve just checked that you all have access to the two new courses – Organise Your School with a Staff Booklet and Tame Your Email – Fundamentals.

Enjoy…

Rob

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar